promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can my pc game like gta v and other games with i3 4160 8gb ddr3 ram 500gb 7200rpm hdd radeon hd 7470 1gb?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Pyrus
    Lv 6
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no way on earth you're playing GTA V on such a weak computer. The games that you could probably play have to be at least 12 years old. Like, released in 2008. 

I'm sorry, but your PC is just not built for gaming. The RAM is good, but the processor and graphics card are far too weak. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

The part that's keeping you for playing GTA 5 is the HD7470. 

The i3 is a bit weak but it's faster than the C2Q q6600 the minimum requirements for GTA 5 calls out for. The Core i3-4160 has a massive single threaded performance advantage over the old q6600, and this massive single threaded advantage combined with Hyperthreading propels the Core i3-4160 past the q6600 in multithreaded performance. The GTA 5 minimum requirements call out for a Nvidia 9800 GT. The old 9800 GT is more than twice as fast as your 7470. 

Do yourself a favor and look for a card like the RX 460, GTX 750ti, GTX 1050, or something along those lines. These card don't use a lot of power and they will work with a 300w power supply.

• Evan3 months agoReport

Will a  GeForce 730 work

• 3 months ago

Gta 3, Vice City and San Andreas? Yeah, GTA 5? Nope.

• 3 months ago

i3's aren't meant for gaming.  Period.  No matter how new it is (or in your case, isn't).

That's the type of processor you'd give your grandma to check e-mail and play solitaire.

The fact that it's a 4th gen means it's 6 years old.

If you want to play modern games, you'll need a modern computer.

i5's at least.  i7's preferred for gaming or applications that are processor intensive.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.