promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Haley asked in PetsCats · 3 months ago

Emotional support cat in non-pet friendly hotel?

I have an emotional cat that stays at home with me and helps me with my day to day mental health struggles. I have multiple doctors/therapists notes stating that my cat aids with my anxiety and PTSD. I know that ESAs are NOT service animals and are not protected by ADA law, so my question remains: if I have documents supporting that she actually aids in helping my anxiety and calming me down from PTSD triggers will hotels allow her to stay with me if I would need to stay in one for travel?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends.

Some will.

Ask when you make a booking.

Some will be willing to take a cat others will be concerned about the cat fur triggering allergies.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

You can't have it 

An ESA is nothing more then a pet and can't be any where pets are not allowed. Your papers are useless and worthless, leave the pet at home and grow up 

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

No...go find a pet friendly hotel

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

No, if the hotel says no pets that is what it means, if you are so dependent on an animal then do not go to hotels.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Nope. Your cat is just a PET. You're not disabled and your cat has been trained to do NOTHING for you that you can't do yourself. Cats also CAN'T be service animals.

If you KNOW that ESA's don't have service animal rights why are you even asking this????

There's LOTS of hotels that allow pets so why are you being a dick and picking ones that don't allow pets? Super 8, Motel 6, Red Lion and many others accept pets.

Lv 7
    3 months ago

No. No hotel has to accommodate your cat. You will need to use a pet-friendly hotel if you are traveling with your pet. Check their policies, some allow only dogs. 

• 3 months ago

That's up to the individual hotel. A hotel is not obliged by law to accommodate your pet as it is obliged if it was a service animal.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You would need to ask the hotel that question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.