Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTeen & Preteen · 3 months ago

Can you get cognitive disorder from smoking 2 cigarettes?

Yesterday, my friend got me to smoke 2 cigarettes. I felt really nauseous and felt like vomiting and I was reading online that smoking can cause cognitive disorder in teens. Im 14 btw. I have really good grades and I dont want those to drop because my friend convinced me to smoke.

• PAMELA
    Favorite Answer

Stop doing stupid stuff just because someone tells you to, they are not a good friend, do not smoke again, tell them they can kill themselves if they like, but you are smarter than that, and get a new friend!

• 4 days ago

the answer is you're going to be fine.

It was still YOUR CHOICE to smoke. Your friend didn't shove the cigarette into your mouth and force you to smoke it while you were taped to the floor unable to escape.

Blaming others for your personal choices is really something you need to stop doing. It's just ridiculous behavior.

• Edna

No; you can't get a cognitive disorder from smoking 2 cigarettes. 

I don't care what you read online. There's no way that smoking 2 cigarettes can cause cognitive disorders in a 14 year old. Don't think just because you read something online that it's true.

Cognitive disorders are a category of mental health disorders that primarily affect learning, memory, perception, and problem solving, and include amnesia, dementia, and delirium.

• Elle

You'll be OK. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edg-0hAM3iA

Youtube thumbnail

&list=PLWHql2MOiVzrVKRL790oOLrmxf-6HBp3k

No, you are way overthinking this, assuming you aren't just trolling.

No - you can get lots of other nasty medical conditions from smoking, but not from two cigarettes.

• Lili

Troll fail, dear.

I started smoking at 16, got into Yale, smoked all the way through Yale and Penn, and earned a PhD.

Smoking is bad for you, but it's not going to cause you "cognitive disorder".

Try to troll more intelligently and plausibly. If you can't, perhaps you suffer from a cognitive disorder that has nothing to do with cigarettes.