Tom
Lv 4
Tom asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 months ago

O.K., American men....  If you could go back to The Civil War, and be woke up by a Union general, and be asked to fight; who would it be?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Was that one of the Union general's that invaded the South? I'd start with him.

• Tom
      Lv 4
      4 months agoReport

General William Tecumseh Sherman.  "War is cruelty.  The crueler it is, the sooner it'll be over."

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Generals don't go around waking up the cannon fodder, they have corporals and sergeants to do that for them.

• 4 months ago

Meade, McClellan, Grant, Sherman, any number of them

• Tom
      Lv 4
      4 months agoReport

Finally....  An answewr to what I asked.  

• y
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Think about it, fighting back then, lack of proper medicine, lack of proper surgical techniques, sterile environments were unknown. You lined up, closed your eyes, and hoped one of these wild shots didn't tear through you, basically looking eye to eye with gun barrels.  Most today would be triggered just by the suggestion. go running to their emotional support animal

• Tom
      Lv 4
      4 months agoReport

That does not anaswer the question.  Know, not think about that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

With my luck, it would be Grant, later ranked as the least intelligent of the American presidents. This was before 2016. However, I object to the name you used for the conflict; there is nothing civil about war.

• ...Show all comments
    • οικος
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Tom, intelligent people refer to it as The War Between the States . NCWJ, It doesn't take much intelligence to kill people when you have money, troops, and equipment and your opponent does not. BTW, it was interesting that you started defending Trump when I was talking about unintelligent presidents

• 4 months ago

You'd think question-asking algorithms would be far more sophisticated than...... this...... after all these years, eh?! Wow!

• ...Show all comments
    • Tom
      Lv 4
      4 months agoReport

Proud that The Union did what needed to be done.  Don't forget, we could beat Canada, too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.