promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

why does Google maps blur people's faces and licenses plates?

No one has privacy out in public and for license plates that's public information. I have contacted Google regarding this many times with no response. 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

wtfffffffffffffffffff

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

There is what the law requires, and what the company decides to do.  There's nothing illegal about censoring personal information from pictures that are posted.  At the company I worked at, we needed model releases from anyone in the picture with a recognizable face, even if the picture was taken in public.  Understand also, that Google is a global company, so errs on the side of caution and goodwill.  There might be some local ordinance in some small country or even a town in the US that prohibits widespread distribution of people's images without consent, even if the pictures were taken in public.

"Honey, I just looked at Street View.  Why is your coworker in our car, and why is she wearing a schoolgirl outfit?"

• 2 months ago

Because of privacy. Simple

• Nelson2 months agoReport

no one has privacy out in public you should know this by now 

• 2 months ago

google maps censores things like that for privacy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Because they do not want to identify people . I am sure they could be sued if they did . On the funny side , my neighbor had a plywood set up at christmas time of Santa and his reindeer , and santa and all of the reindeer had blurred out faces ..LOL..i thought that was funny , cute anyway.  

• Steven
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

This is not a  device to show up license plate etc. It just to know traffic, ways etc. 

Attachment image
    • Nelson3 months agoReport

**** you 

• Juan
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

I had a way of life similar from Buenos Aires than Berlin listening to the radio ladt hits in the 80's I used to do the same Rock & Pop in Berlin also it happened many focuses are been made by a special spy from buenos aires in Berlin all the focuses were similar the Psychic TV we used to have in Berlin came from a bar in Argentina in JUNCAL street I don't know why all these focuses according to visions we had in Berlin probably was the ACV I had in Berlin from the accident I had in Cyprus

• John
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Now YOU are creepy.........

• Nelson3 months agoReport

what flavor do you come in? 

• 3 months ago

I don't wonder about Google not responding to you, mate.  Like me, they MUST think that someone is trying to communicate who hasn't got an ounce of sense.

• 3 months ago

It's a choice they make to protect peoples' privacy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.