Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 months ago

Why are we pretending that people can change their genders just because they want to?

I'm gay and I don't agree with this ridiculous idea that has been pushed around that changing your gender is "normal" when feeling like you're the wrong gender is nothing more than a mental illness

this is ridiculous

Favorite Answer

Ditto. I don't understand why this is happening either. I suspect it's a nefarious plot to roll back women's and gay rights 100 years. The ACLU is currently fighting in court to overturn Title 9 on behalf on transgenders and to lock serial rapists with penises in cells with women. It's wrong.

No, I am implying everyone should be heterosexual. I know there are other types of sexuality, but I think that's the first one that was known to the human race.

I assume you don't understand why there are 2 different genders, and that seems ridiculous to me that you ONLY like one of them, and it's the same gender as yours.

You are no better than those people who you are talking about!

It's probably better if you post this question in Society & Culture, other groups etc, most of us, here in Gender Studies are completely clueless, when it comes to discussing Transgender people.  So your unlikely to get any sensible answers.

Just the usual prejudiced ignorant negative crap.

Some boys pretend they changed into girls so they could compete in girl's sports and win.    

• Liz

Homosexuality it not normal and the majority of the world are heterosexual. Because of Adam’s disobedience, we have all inherited imperfection. We must therefore battle fleshly weaknesses and strong desires that are out of harmony with God’s original purpose. Thus, in the laws given through Moses, God specified sexual practices that were abhorrent to him—namely, adultery, incest, homosexuality, and bestiality. (Leviticus 18:6-23) God also specifically forbade portraying oneself as a member of the opposite sex for immoral purposes. (Deuteronomy 22:5) The Bible consistently teaches that the only sexual relations approved by God are with a member of the opposite sex within the marriage arrangement. (Genesis 20:1-5, 14; 39:7-9; Proverbs 5:15-19; Hebrews 13:4)

Homosexuality is a choice.

Source(s): jw.org

It is mental illness. Just as being homosexual is not normal. I am not hating on you...but you are not a member of the 98% club who are normal. You are correct that people who want to "change genders" are suffering. They need psychiatric and medical assistance. A huge portion of them (40%) will go on to KILL themselves...before and after "surgery" if they take it that far. IT IS THAT BAD. The surgery DOES NOT CHANGE the BRAIN. Nor do the hormones.

Sexuality is all in the brain. Some things can go wrong during development. Gender identity is in the brain as well. It "should" match the physical. We need to develop a process to STOP the abnormalities.

Think of your mother. If she could have taken a pill to guarantee (during pregnancy) that you wouldn't be gay...do you think she would have hesitated to take it? It is not genetic...it is a developmental process.

Moms and dads...want their offspring to be normal...so that THEY TOO can be moms and dads as well... Survival of the species. Your parents may or may not accept you in your sexuality...many simply don't on an instinctive level. "NO GRAND KIDS from this one" is a COMPELLING thought process...conscious or not.