Is the coronavirus dangerous or media hype? ?

Favorite Answer

I'd say it was both of those things. Obviously it's dangerous because some people have died from it. Flu is dangerous too and a heck of a lot more people die from that (or have done so far).

I think coronovirus certainly needs ro be taken seriously and I fully support any preparations and safeguards that are being put in place.

But, not so long ago, according to the media, it was Bird Flu that was going to kill is all, we've also had “mad cow disease” and lots of other “flus”. All of which came to nothing.

To me, these idiots won't be satisfied until they've managed to empty supermarket shelves of food and have everyone barricaded inside their homes.

• Citizen Awesome

Lolololololol! Thank u for a great morning laugh

The coronavirus is dangerous but so is panic.

Pretty much both.

• mokrie

The average person will get a cold and recuperate from corona. Only the old or very young are in danger and those with asthma or breathing problems.

• Emdog

Explain how doc who first raised alarm died of it. He was in his 30's and healthy. Try again

media hype............. 80 k contracted but only 2k die

It's certainly dangerous, as a great number of people have died and it is expanding across the globe at a rapid rate.  But that is not to say the media does not "hype" it.  Each year at this time some new virus appears that'll certainly kill everyone on the planet, and yet each following year we're still alive.

• Citizen Awesome

Gee, I hope your parents never age...then again, sounds like you dont like them. We can at least know they raised hateful, offspring who lack empathy.