promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Can someone be too introverted when dating?

I have had problems getting to know a person who is unusually introverted when it comes to dating. It's not that there is anything wrong with this person, who is really trustful and funny. This person also likes me a lot which also causes a lot of nervousness. She is so nervous and stressed that she can't see me, which is problematic because we no longer work in the same building.

A lot of time that has passed, but I can't do anything because I don't see the other person or got her contact info when we still saw each other. She has every opportunity to come see me some day, casually. She knows that I am also interested in her, but she makes it into a way too big of a deal. We are both adults who don't know each other and things could be in the beginning more playful. Is she despite being a great person, just too introverted when it comes to dating?

Update:

I don't want to be mean because I am also an introvert. It just feels like in this case she uses it as a poor excuse. I mean you still have to put yourself out there. New people who don't know you, can't magically guess who you are, it's unhealthy.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Be yourself is the best bet.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I am the same way, i understand

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.

It's as simple as leaving a note in her locker saying, "will you go out with me? Yes, no, maybe?"

Introverts expect you to get to the bottom line like extroverts do. 

They're not slow to get into anything. They're slow in admitting what they want.

• 1 month ago

Why don't you send her a message and suggest meeting for coffee? It sounds like you are both shy. One of you needs to take a chance. The worst that can happen is disappointment, but that's no worse than what you're feeling now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.