Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 8 months ago

What decade has the best music?

So my friend and I were discussing what decade had the best music. I said 80s and she said 90s. It's all good, but the 80s makes me want to dance.

Favorite Answer

I like the 80s the best, but my music taste goes all the way back to the 30s. In my opinion, 90% of anything past 2010 isn't very good. There's a couple of classical music pieces I like too.

All I know is that the 80s makes me feel peaceful. 

I believe that the best decade for music, without a doubt, has to be the 2010s. That's really when electronic music exploded in both complexity and variety. Even aside from revisionist genres like synthwave, retrowave and vaporwave (which took the sounds of the 80s and used them in different ways for different reasons) and electro-swing (which took the sounds of the roaring 20s and modernized them), electronic music within the last decade has made enormous strides. Listen to the sound design in Kanye West's 2013 song "Hold My Liquor," for example, or in KOAN Sound's 2017 song "Drift." Listen to the hellish bass noises in https' 2017 song "0006," and ask yourself, could those sounds have been made in the 1980s? Would A-Ha have been able to recreate the synth lines of Axel Thesleff's 2019 song "Unity?" Hell, could Beethoven create the same feeling ODESZA do in 2018's "Thin Floors and Tall Ceilings?" The 2010s were a decade of sound design, and that's really what makes them stand out.

My favorite is the 90's, but when I'm in certain moods I prefer the 70's.

My favorite decades for music are the 2000s and 2010s.

The 70s and 80s were best.

80's all day son!

Definitely the 80's!

• Joe

I'd say inbetween the 80s and 90s