Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Do I have the right to feel irritated and frustrated in this situation? ?

Okay so my family is from the “hood” and nobody in my family really did anything with their lives but I just graduated highschool last year, took a leap year and now I’m headed to school in September about 2 hours away and the main reason why I even wanna go away for school is because My brothers never did anything with their life so 1 of them basically house jumps from my moms house (where I live) to my sisters house. My other brother lives with his father and acts like a fein and I absolutely hate when he comes over, I’m a pothead and with him around I can’t never smoke in peace without him feigning for it, then because their are always so many people here I sleep on the couch. And when they come they try to boot me off that couch and then I have no where to sleep at all. My big sister has had 4 kids and no career so her favorite thing to do is to stop by with her kids then when nobody’s paying attention sneak out and we’d be texting and calling her and she never comes until she’s ready. Then my mom recently got a new boyfriend and when they first started talking I told her how I was uncomfortable in my own home and sage responded “this my house” I just feel so frustrated like I never am able to get time to myself. 

“Leave the bong at home and maybe you’ll be able to make something of yourself” 

That’s stupid. I’m at the top of my class and yes I smoke weed. I also have so many things I’ve accomplished while smoking weed so... no. 

• Foofa

No, in a crowded house like that you wouldn't have any privacy. So when you do head off to school leave the bong at home and maybe you'll actually be able to make something of yourself.

maybe you should move out then

Rather than feel irritated and frustrated, learn from your family what not to be and stop being a stoner when you fet to school so that you can focus on building an independent and accomplished life where you spend less time with your family, and are less influenced by their bad behaviors.

Sure, feel frustrated. all that is normal crap in families.

Go away to college, mature and be an adult.