Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Is it weird for your doctor to help u undress?

He was checking something on my back. He pulls up my shirt while I'm laying on my front? And unhooks my bra. When finished he hooked my bra back which took longer than if I did it. He then pulls my shirt back down.

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

It's weird that the nurse didn't tell you to disrobe entirely before the doctor came in. Bet this person got a warning after the appointment about not properly prepping the patients. Now, if this doctor then groped or assaulted you afterwards that would be a different issue. If he makes you uncomfortable you should switch doctors.

• jj1 month agoReport

Foofa great answer, i never heard back from you hun

Normally, Foofa is right, that in prepping you for the exam, the assistant or nurse would have asked you to disrobe from the waist up and given you a gown to put on, with the opening in the back.  But in your case, you were laying down anyway, so nothing much to expose, right? If he took longer, how many men have a lot of experience with arranging ladies' undergarments!  Not to worry , honey, sounds like he was perfectly professional from your description. If you are still uncomfy, however, you can always request a switch to a female doctor, I suppose. But really, no big deal, here.  

a nurse should do that, report that doctor, 

I can understand the lifting of the shirt cause I take physical therapy for my back and when my pain is higher on my back the techs will lift my shirt so they can connect the e stem pads and a lot of them are in high school. But unhooking your bra seems strange and unnecessary to me.

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

Most often, a bra that was unhooked and in place would get in the way of an examination or PT on the back. 

a little bit, i'd rather undress myself,

Yes.  Typically the nurse has you undress and put on a robe before the doctor arrives.  Maybe someone forgot about you, but the doctor was on a schedule and didn't want to wait for you to undress.

Yep, that's pretty weird.

That is weird. Usually, a doctor will not only let you do that on your own, but they leave the room for it. If it made you uncomfortable, you could get another doctor. 

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

How do you think a doctor would be able to examine your back, if he (or a nurse) didn't unhook your bra and moveit out of the way?

• Damien

well if u gonna make such a fuss about it, just go see a female doctor, make sure she not gay.

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

Damien: A female doctor who was intending to examine a patient's back would have unhooked the bra and moved it out of the way (if a nurse hadn't already done so.); the same as a male doctor would do.

it does sound weird

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

It's not "weird" - not if you want your back examined.