Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Are goldfish colors a replacement for vegetables?

my kids doctor told me to feed them more vegetables but I hate them, and my kids take after me.

I found goldfish crackers snack the colored ones and they are made with vegetables.

can my kids just eat those instead of me having to buy "real" vegetables

• Foofa

Either take a nutrition class or start buying healthy readymade meals from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. One hopes at least these kids get vitamin pills.

No. They are only dyed with vegetables. That is to say a little drop of the color of the vegetable (pigment only) is used to make the cracker have a color. It adds no fiber or other actual nutrition. You should try to find three vegetables that you, as an adult, will actually eat. Then eat them with your kids. I have kids--the veggie battle is no fun--but colored goldfish is not a solution. Sorry.

only if they put real veggies in them

• Tj

How about looking for ways to make the real think more appealing to you and family.

This is an EXCELLENT troll post with a score of 6/10. Why so low? Because despite the good writing and wonderful concept, you posted it anonymously making it obvious. Without the anonymity I would have given you a solid 8 or 9 out of 10.