why people want to use the same computer for 10 years and more and blame when the windows update?

I have 3 laptops- all  between 8-10 yo. I run Linux on 2 and never see any issues. The wife's has win 10 and she constantly complains.

• Lv 7

because the replacement is worse than what they have.

besides, do you get excited when you have to replace your water heater in the basement? no. you want to use it until it cannot be used anymore. because it's a hassle to have to upgrade, and costs so much to do.

plus, if it still works, why do you need to upgrade?

in fact, Win7 is STILL getting updates, at least for now...

• Nuff Sed
      4 weeks agoReport

Similar to buying a new car: I don't want to be saddled with newfangled gadgets that come standard on new ones, so I keep my old ones running until they can no longer be repaired economically.

• keerok

I do use my computers longer than that but have learned not to blame windows or microsoft. I just use Linux instead. As for my old windows machines, why change when it still works?

• Costureiro4 weeks agoReport

If MS had kept Windows Classic GUI interface in Windows 10, maybe old computers could use Windows 10.

In Linux, older computers can't run new Gnome Gui interface too, but at least you can choose another GUI like Xfce and Lxqt for low cpu/ram profile.

Because it changes they way they use the computer, and may also cause problems. For example, the 1909 update broke my sound, so I had to figure it out on my own.

They don't know how to strip down and modify Windows 10 themselves or, use another operating system.  Plus, many people don't want to spend money on a computer when the one they have isn't broken...even if it's slow.

People don't like change. 

Some people don't want to or can't afford to purchase a new PC.