Native English speakers, could you please help me with these issues?

Is this paragraph correct, or expressed in good language (the capital letters are just to give attention to the details on which I would like some enlightenment):

"I would like to ENHANCE I have a European Union passport which allows me to live and work in any country of the European Union, without any further BUREAUCRACIES.

So, I PLEDGE you to review my application again."

a) If someone says 'I would like to ENHANCE' does that imply more 'emphasis' than if it was said 'I would like to SAY'.

b) And is it respectful to say 'to pledge', and is it a more way to say 'to ask'?

Favorite Answer

Write it as follows:

"I have a European Union passport which allows me to live and work in any country of the European Union.

If possible, please review my application again.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxx"

• AgProv

"After the idiots took over the asylum and the stupidity of Brexit happened, my right to travel to or live and work in Europe has been severely impaired through no wish or desire of my own.

"I would love to have a European Union passport which allows me to live and work in any country of the European Union with no border checks and minimal controls.... I am looking forward to the moment where we can reapply for European Union status, get it, and putthe  whole bloody stupid Brexit business down the toilet -  and flush."

Please treat me as European, as in common with nearly 50% of the British people we never wanted this and did not vote for it."

"Enhance" is not emphasis.  It is more like improving something.  You are using "pledge" totally wrong.  A pledge is a promise or commitment. You don't ask somebody to commit to reviewing an application.  You can request it.  You cannot promise somebody to do something.  You can promise that you will do something.

• Bob

Personally, I don't feel inclined to answer any more of your questions. As far as I've seen, you ask questions almost every day yet I have never seen you thank respondents who take the time to answer your questions. You never do anything other than take what you need and then post another question.

Others may well continue to answer your questions, but there's nothing tempting to me about your apples.

You cannot use the verb enhance without a direct object. I suggest: "I would like to emphasize I have a passport...".

I think 'bureaucracies' is not the right word there. I think you want to say 'red tape', which is what bureaucracies produce.

'Pledge' does not mean ask. I would suggest 'request'.

• David1 month agoReport

You should say "I would like to emphasize THAT I have a passport."