how did people avoid the draft in vietnam?

would those same methods work today?

If yew are over the age of 25 can yew still bee drafted

There were many way BEFORE we went to a lottery system. After that there was only two ways out, physically unfit or you went to Canada.

NO... they would not work today as the USA HAS NO DRAFT.. SO NO IT WILL NOT WORK TODAY.

You can just object but there might be prison if you do. medical reasons like color blind or bone spurs.

Later such was pardoned by a PoTUS! So, does that mean. MOH and other actions of legend reduced in value? Stuff that I wouldn't know or even you. Your never going to see the truth. I know this. It's RED taped and likely blanked out "officially". I don't even know where the bodies are hide. Not even with the highest "top secret" rating. 

Source(s): Understanding enough of the system and just say your name?

They didnt register. They failed to report for duty. They fought in court. They got a doctors note. They went to canada. Sweden mexico. England. They faked a disability. They lived on the lam. They got a new identity. They drank pickle juice. They smoked cigs dipped in indian ink. They went to college. They got married. They gained weight. They said they were gay. They committed a misdemeanor. They went but were difficult and failed on purpose at basic training and was discharged. They lied about there age by altering there birth certificate. And many more reasons. Yes most would still work today. I personally wouldn't go to canada unless the above options did not work. Leaving the county would be my last resort. Most people charged. Were not even sent to jail. Most were given probation or had the charges dropped. So leaving the country would be only be necessary if you are sentenced to jail but my above list would work 99% of the time. Out of 575,000 or more draft dodgers. 25000 were charged Only 4000 went to jail. And 5000 got probation. Most were not even charged. The rest were dismissed.

• Michael4 weeks agoReport

Holy s*it. Those sickos.. They drank pickle juice? 

• Stella

In my first real job after college in the 1980's, I worked with the first openly gay man who I had ever known.

He mentioned once that he received a draft notice during the Vietnam conflict. He reported as directed. During his interview he simply answered "yes" to the question about having homosexual tendencies.

He wasn't really trying to avoid the draft. He was just being honest.

They told him to leave.

I don't think that would work today as policies have changed.

As others have noted, there is no draft currently anyway so it's pretty much a moot point.

Congress can change the draft laws at any time but there currently is no draft and none is expected.

Avoid the draft simply say you have 'bone spurs' like a certain famous orange man baby

• david

Currently, all people above 18 must register for the draft.  But no one has been drafted for about 40 years so there is no need to "avoid the draft".

Trump got out of being drafted by having a doctor certify his bone spurs.  Bush2 got out by joining the Air National Guard.

Ask Bill Clinton, he was a draft dodger..................