Am I eligible to become a private detective?

First I’d like to state that I live in Wisconsin. I’m aware I have to pass a test, but the question derives from my background. I have a pretty long wrap sheet, none of which are felonies. (one dropped but written in) I’m currently serving probation for another year in a half. I don’t see anything stopping me besides maybe the probation? I know I’m skating on the edge, but it’s a passion.

According to Wisconsin requirements, you need to be employed by a private detective firm to be eligible for a license.  I take it you're not employed by a detective firm.

I found the answer in about 2 minutes by doing an internet search. Only a felony conviction prevents you from getting a license in Wisconsin.

Seriously... I you can't find the answer yourself, you will be a pretty lousy detective. 

Law enforcement, which would include private detective work, is obviously not up your alley. You may have had a change of heart, but you have to live with the consequences of your actions, which to date, have not been good. Give it up. You haven't got a chance.

• Pat

RAP sheet.

year AND a half.

• troy1 month agoReport

F*ck off pat

For an aspiring private investigator, you are kind of short on the basics.

First, you don't have a "wrap sheet".  You have a "rap sheet".  Only corpses are wrapped in sheets.

Probation will limit your ability to apply for a license at a state board that issues them.

Source(s): Watched "Rockford Files" for years. Not sure how factual, but was enlightening.
    • troy1 month agoReport

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if aspiring private investigators had to be up with terminologies or not. As a seasoned professional you have enlightened me, thank you