Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

what are some army mos that don't go to the field?

what are some army mos that don't go to the field

i can handle being outdoors for a few days, but i can't handle being stuck out in the woods for a few weeks in the pouring rain or bone chilling cold without being able to bathe.

so what are some army mos that don't go to the field, or if they do go to the field only have to be there for at most a few days instead of several weeks?

• AJ

There are some MOSs that are much less likely to ever go to the field, like dental assistant, finance, legal, X-ray tech, lab tech. However, along with MOS, what unit you are assigned to also plays a huge part as to how much field time

In the 4.5 years I was stationed at Ft Hood TX, I never went to the field there. I had very little TA-50 for the first 3.5 years. I had kevlar, lbe, wet weather gear, and a small ruck. I had no weapon assigned to me, I had no protective mask assigned to me.  During this time, I was selected to support a Warfighter exercise up at Ft Leavenworth. They called it a Field Exercise on the orders; however, I slept every night in a Hilton Hotel. All this had more to do with the fact I was assigned to HQ Command, III Corps, and HHC, USAG than my MOS.

Source(s): Former Army Legal (JAG) NCO and M-1 Tanker

Blah, blah, blah

• John

Splice the main brace in inclement weather. Splice the main brace is two little bottles of brandy.

• Bill-M

09L - INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR, 15XX  Aircraft MOS any of them.

See the complete MOS list here:

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/complete-list-of...

• John

When the military goes to the field, they take a few of every mos.  If you want to be comfy, enlist in the USAF.

You would complete basic.