promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

what are some army mos that don't go to the field?

what are some army mos that don't go to the field

i can handle being outdoors for a few days, but i can't handle being stuck out in the woods for a few weeks in the pouring rain or bone chilling cold without being able to bathe.

so what are some army mos that don't go to the field, or if they do go to the field only have to be there for at most a few days instead of several weeks?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • AJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are some MOSs that are much less likely to ever go to the field, like dental assistant, finance, legal, X-ray tech, lab tech. However, along with MOS, what unit you are assigned to also plays a huge part as to how much field time

In the 4.5 years I was stationed at Ft Hood TX, I never went to the field there. I had very little TA-50 for the first 3.5 years. I had kevlar, lbe, wet weather gear, and a small ruck. I had no weapon assigned to me, I had no protective mask assigned to me.  During this time, I was selected to support a Warfighter exercise up at Ft Leavenworth. They called it a Field Exercise on the orders; however, I slept every night in a Hilton Hotel. All this had more to do with the fact I was assigned to HQ Command, III Corps, and HHC, USAG than my MOS.

Source(s): Former Army Legal (JAG) NCO and M-1 Tanker
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Blah, blah, blah

Attachment image
  • John
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Splice the main brace in inclement weather. Splice the main brace is two little bottles of brandy.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

09L - INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR, 15XX  Aircraft MOS any of them.

See the complete MOS list here:

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/complete-list-of...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When the military goes to the field, they take a few of every mos.  If you want to be comfy, enlist in the USAF.

• 1 month ago

You would complete basic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.