Why do girls talk about their periods publicly?

It's tmi and not something to talk about around other people. I don't hear guys talking about their boners. 

Are you serious? 

A) Guys do talk about their boners

B) Boners are not painful, and girls periods are, so it's different. 

Can you stop acting like an inconsiderate jerk? 🙄

imagine going through something for a week once a month that kind of actually hurts and being told you’re not allowed to talk about it because it makes guys uncomfortable. 

Guys most certainly do brag about their boners, Eve the prez was bragging about his on the national news!!! Most girls as on Q&A sites online & that's why we're here...to learn something

It’s just what we do. Plus I hear guy talk about erections all the time. Its really gross,

• sian

I don't talk about mine around guys cos they are too thick to understand them. But l do talk about boners around guys cos they all get one when they see me. You all think l'm joking!

• MissA

Guys absolutely do talk about their boners. Ever been on a dating app?

• k w

that don't really bother me, but the guys...stick around, you'll see worries about their size, performance anxiety, locker room trash....and it just never ends.......you'll see.....

• patty

boners have no comparison to periods. Periods can be a bad time of the month for women, what with the pain and the hormones all over the place. U should have some compassion.

• Anonymous3 weeks agoReport

I don't give a ****

You do understand that women make up over half the population and they all menstruate, don't you?  This is a medical issue and should be discussed in public.