Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

Have you ever beem a target of "Phishing"?

GET SMART WHEN DEALING WITH SCAMMERS...I did!

I became a target of a scammer from Africa. The scammer portrayed himself as a high ranking official with millions of dollars looking for a U.S. investor. He later had me to send him $3000 for "legal fees??" I never heard from him again. I was then receiving dozens of scam emails of the same type from all over the world....I decided to teach them a lesson. I portrayed myself as a super wealthy person comfortable sending them thousands of dollars. 

Once they believed me, they asked for hundreds of thousands of dollars before they sent me their million$. I agreed to send them what they asked under one condition: they had to send me a transfer fee of 6% in advance (Western Union or similar companies charge a 6% or so to use their money transfer services). I could not believe my eyes....one sent me $3000, another sent me $5000, one other sent me $1500...and on and on. I totalled over $30,000 in a short time. I gave most of it to charities 

Oops, it was all a dream

< Oops, it was all a dream >

You beat me to it.

Yes, but I did not take the bait. I never respond to spam nor do I reveal any personal stuff.

• ?

Yeah, i dont think you can have an email address for more than 10 seconds before a mass mailout comes through trying to get you to fill out a form with personal information. Theyre usually quite obvious though

• Erik

probably, they're pretty easy to spot though