Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 4 weeks ago

How do viruses spread worldwide?

Corona started out in China but now it's spreading worldwide. How does that happen? Like, if you're sick, they take you to a hospital so how does it spread to Italy, the U.S., etc. They're so far away from China.

Coughing,sneezing,touching infected surfaces.

From people to people....so by travel. It cannot travel through the air to another country.  1 person gives it to two, those two give it to four and so on till it is a pandemic. 

Hypothetically speaking lets say I went to China, and I didn't know about the Corona virus. If I were to speak with infected people face to face then I would most likely become infected with the corona virus. Because it's contagious. After I become infected, then I would come back to my country, and then I would infect other people, and this cycle would continue with other people who would visit China from different countries. Whoever I would infect from my own country would infect someone else that lives in my country, or maybe that lives in another country, and this would become an endless cycle, so I just explained how people all over the world can become infected.

Nobody at a hospital can help someone who is infected with the Corona virus. Because there isn't a vaccine that was made, for it yet, and there is nothing that hospitals can do, for people who are infected with the corona virus. The only thing you can do is try to protect yourself the best you can, and see what happens in the future.

Most people who are sick don't get taken to a hospital. Some people who have it don't even know they're sick. This disease is mostly very mild, like a cold.

They catch it, go on vacation abroad and start coughing on people who don't wash their hands and spend all day scratching their eyes and picking their noses.

Some travellers left before the infection showed up.

Usually people who have been infected but are not yet showing symptoms go to a different country (by plane, etc.) and spread the disease before they know they are infected.  This is why people coming in from China are being quarantined.  Held in a protective place away from the population for several days to be sure they are not infected.

• martin

If you saw a moving diagram of all airline flights operating in the world at any given moment, you would know how anything could spread.

This usually happens because someone has the virus and travels outside of the country. When you are contaminated with a disease, you will not show symptoms right away. The disease has to take some time growing inside of you. This is known as the incubation period. If you are contaminated and do not know it, and then travel outside of the country you were originally contaminated in, this can cause the disease to spread to new places. 

• Susie

You spread it to others before you get symptoms.  

• .

Because you don't get sick immediately after being exposed.  That means you don't know you have the problem.