Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Can I get a dentist to complete my crowns?

I am a 69-year-old woman who, a few years ago, had 5 crowns placed on my front teeth due to severe discoloration and years of drinking coffee. The crowns were not done well, were larger than my native teeth and gave me an overbite that I didn t have prior.

Due to the cost, I put up with these crowns for a long time. I am now in the process of getting them replaced, have had the others removed and am awaiting the final product, currently with a temp.

My problem is getting this office to believe me when I tell them the overbite was not there prior. I brought in pics, as the dentist requested, going back to my 20s, with a big grin showing straight teeth. I think the dentist believes me, but the assistant told me I ll be getting the crowns I had prior, stating, "This is what you re gonna get."

Can I trust this office?

Favorite Answer

What you're really asking is whether or not you're going to get new veneers or implants you like.  that is a question to ask the dentist. If the dentist removed your previous crowns, he/she is capable of seeing how your teeth were positioned.  They also can take an impression of your mouth and x-rays.  All of these will show the current position of your real teeth.  If you don't trust that you'll get what you want, then you have to either confront the dentist and or take your business elsewhere.