Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

The NHS admits they won't treat the elderly and vulnerable if they get Coronavirus, surely this isn't right?

They have paid more into the system so should get priority over those who have come into the country and not paid a penny. This is disgraceful in my opinion.

Favorite Answer

Better to not treat foreigners who leech off the NHS having paid nothing into the system. Those lefties who think the elderly should not be treated are the same people who moan about the Holocaust and how evil the Nazis were. Left wing hypocrisy at its finest! 

Your answer is very misguided.  Things such as the cost of  living and the cost of a home was about 10 times cheaper then now.  Stop quoting old wives tales that you have heard from brainless Sun readers.

I've not heard of that, but I suspect that if and when there is any major disaster such as a viral pandemic or war with mass casualties/fatalities (I very much doubt Coronavirus will get as serious as that) with limited resources to treat and care for those most effected the necessities of life dictate that health care workers focus on those with the greatest chance of survival, regardless of age.

• Huh?

Some medics have claimed the NHS might have to operate a triage system and concentrate care on those most likely to survive, but this would only happen in an absolute worst case scenario, if the NHS was being overwhelmed.  It is very unlikely to actually be needed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavi...

That's not true, I think you have an overactive imagination and are getting us mixed up with the uncaring country known as the USA.

Do they show us the link to this story, because there is nothing on any of the news channels about it.

I can only find one dubious source for that, the 'Daily Mail'. The report says "senior doctors" have warned that, despite what the government says, the NHS would struggle to cope with a worst case scenario being that priority would not go to the elderly and vulnerable. I suspect they are scaremongering to make a point about the strain the NHS is under after a decade of budget cuts. It is more likely that non-emergency, non-essential surgery and clinics would be postponed.

Remember that many of those who have come to the country are actually working in the NHS.

• hungryjoe
      1 month agoReport

The Daily Wail: The ultimate "dubious source"!

If you want proper medical care then I suggest you pay for it as opposed to relying on the government.

It's in most of the papers, headlines in DM.

The HSE has said the same in Ireland, that it will tell people to stay at home in an isolated room with some ventilation ie a window half open

You have a source or link for this ?