Need to replace toilet seat on our toilet but we live in an apartment complex?

The toilet seat cover is getting wobbly and kind of disconnecting from the toilet. My husband and I live in an apartment complex?

I dont mind buying a cheap one from lowes or home depot and fixing it as I know how to do it. In your opinion should we just go ahead and buy a new toilet seat or should we call maintenance from the apartments and they replace it?

Sorry didnt mean to put a question mark on where it says “my husband and I live in an apartment complex”. Typing fast here i guess

I'd just replace it, they aren't expensive and it's an easy job.

Toilet seats are cheap and ANYONE can easily change them.

Check with landlord, compare price (they might have an extra). If you've not installed 

one before, try having maintenance do so, this way if anything happens you're not liable. 

You could try calling maintenance. If this is a plain white toilet seat, then you could just do it yourself and the landlord would never know (or likely care).

• ron h

I'd call the maintenance company before you spend your money. If you want, you could tell them that your husband can install it if they drop one off for you.  Unless you're constantly complaining about things, they shouldn't mind replacing that.

sure--go ahead and fix the seat if you want. It's a cheap easy solution. BUT--keep the old one just in case you move out and the landlord wants everything put back the way it was when you moved in. Just store it somewhere in a plastic bag. It's really doubtful the landlord WILL say that, but you never know. 

Do you have an actual question?

You might need to replace the mounts/screws...not the entire seat.  Take it apart and see why it might be wobbly.  

Mine was getting wobbly from toddlers standing on it...I recommend two things:

1. Get some thread lock and put it on there.

2. Put some non-slip material (like you put in the bottom of a drawer) between the mount and the porcelain, before you use the loctite.  

• Casey Y
      4 weeks agoReport

Really, why the down vote here?  

Did it break? Did you cause it? If broke & not your fault I would let them do it. If your fault you are responsible..

When I was a renter I had the same problem.  I contacted the landlord and told him I would install it if he would allow me to take the purchase price off my rent, and he readily agreed requesting I include a receipt with my rent the following month.  I bet your landlord will too.  They are really easy to uninstall/install.