promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Quitting job I just started?

I just started my new job on Tuesday. First day went well and its only a part time job. My actual full time job is moving me to a different department to help out and therefore my schedule is changing. I was working 8-4 but now i would be working 11-7. The part time job I was supposed to start at 5. I wouldn’t be able to get there until 7:30 at the earliest i doubt they would want me work for just 2-3 hours. How should I tell them? I went to the job yesterday to tell them but my manager wasn’t there. I feel really bad about this but my full time job pays more. I plan on sending on email since she’s not in the store often. What should I say? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Be honest and explain...is there a morning shift you could work instead at the PT job?  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Duck
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Just be honest with them and explain it like you've explained it here (I'd leave out the 'pays more' part). Let them know that your situation is unexpectedly changing at your other job and that you apologize but you're going to have to resign. (Since you're new there, it shouldn't cause too much of a kerfuffle.)

• H
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Tell the truth and explain what happened. I'm sure they have someone else to call just in case something like this happened. That's why companies interview so many people.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

The truth is fine. Offer to continue working for 2 weeks if they need you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Tell her the job was a piece crap and you're quitting.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.