promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Do i have a case for legal action?

A company i worked for for 5 months refused to edit and give me a signed contract, frequently asked me to change my hours and job role and eventually made me redundant with no redundancy package and no one has contacted me about being paid. I’ve come to find out that all they’ve done is rebranded and the company never folded. 

I moved my life, left my family and moved countries for this job. is there anything i can do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Nope. Not if you signed a contract that had those terms.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

There are many unknown details but you need to talk to an attorney.

• 1 month ago

You and try doing something instead of anything.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Without knowing the country and the employment laws in that country ...no.....and even in countries with strong employment laws working for under 6 months gives you nothing to claim for apart from being paid money they owe you for the time you worked.,,,,,,,again depending on the country will depend on if you have to sue in small claims court or via employment tribuneral

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. You never signed a contract with your employer thus you never had a redundancy package to be withheld.

• 1 month ago

You can contact the wage and hour division in your state, the labor relations board or seek out an employment attorney

Those are your choices

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.