Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

DCFS Issue?

Im 17, recently dcfs put me and my 3 siblings under the custody of our aunt, due to illegitimate reasons if you ask me, we all want to go home, etc. What would happen if I just decided to go back to my house? Can they force me to leave? None of the dcfs people talk to me, or even tell me whats going on or how long this is going to be, supposedly 9 months at least though. Our social worker whos on the case says its a broken system in Illinois that sucks and is bullshit, im starting to agree.

If you went to your moms, youd be reported as a runaway and deug back to your aunts. Mom could get into further trouble for harboring a runaway.

Your actions would just make the process take longer... And could possible trigger DCFS to place you and yoir siblings in a state appointed foster home, instead of with family.

You're just going to have to behave.. Count your blessings that you were able to be placed with family instead of with strangers, and wait it out.

Yeah, they can force you to leave.

• Maxi

At 17yrs old and as "None of the dcfs people talk to me, or even tell me whats going on" how have you come to the conclusion that you were put in the lega; care of your aunt for "illegitimate reasons"? .............  more to your story than you are telling or you really know!

If you return home, it is likely you parent/s will be in serious legal trouble and you/siblings will be legally taken into foster care

• jason1 month agoReport

I came up with illegitimate reasons, due to the fact that even my aunt thinks this is a bit extreme. I agree there probably is more to the story you are right, but from our view (me and my siblings) we had no issues whatsoever.

Social Services doesn't take children away for "illegitimate" reasons.  Let's hear the rest of the story.

NO, you can not go back and just stay at home-You would be picked up by the police and transported back to your aunts house or to a youth detainment center.

You are under a court order as is the social worker requested by the DCFS in your state, and as far as what you feel about how unfair it is, sorry doesn't matter. The courts state otherwise

However you failed (probably on purpose) to mention what caused this in the first place. You were not taken away because of a lottery draw of the kids in the neighborhood and your family was selected like the Hunger Game drawing where all the names go into a hat and your family was selected