Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

I can’t get my confidence back after PTSD?

I literally can’t get back to my old confident self and can’t even do normal things...

Does it ever come back?

I do not  have PTSD so i cannot fully empathize with you but i can sympathize. So many terrible things work to tear us apart and some of them are unavoidable. Physical wounds will usually heal much faster than emotional or mental. Unfortunately PTSD is common and affects those who survive a traumatic event. I'm going to upload an article I hope you read and find encouraging.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g20010822/...

The recovery rate for PTSD is good, especially for people who get therapy. 

A veteran who took part in Dr Emma Seppala's PTSD experiment at Stanford said, "Thank you for giving me my life back."

In addition to getting help from a therapist, there are self-help methods that can help. If you're interested, I have information in my answers.

if you are treated right it should come back.

• you just have to soldier on and keep trying things, things like vigorous exercise to strengthen your physique and then that will have natural effects on your confidence and raise it.

• Satan

Perhaps what you need, is counselling. Not something you can get from on here