promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

I can’t get my confidence back after PTSD?

I literally can’t get back to my old confident self and can’t even do normal things...

Update:

Does it ever come back?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I do not  have PTSD so i cannot fully empathize with you but i can sympathize. So many terrible things work to tear us apart and some of them are unavoidable. Physical wounds will usually heal much faster than emotional or mental. Unfortunately PTSD is common and affects those who survive a traumatic event. I'm going to upload an article I hope you read and find encouraging.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/g20010822/...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

The recovery rate for PTSD is good, especially for people who get therapy. 

A veteran who took part in Dr Emma Seppala's PTSD experiment at Stanford said, "Thank you for giving me my life back."

In addition to getting help from a therapist, there are self-help methods that can help. If you're interested, I have information in my answers.

• 1 month ago

if you are treated right it should come back.

• you just have to soldier on and keep trying things, things like vigorous exercise to strengthen your physique and then that will have natural effects on your confidence and raise it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Satan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Perhaps what you need, is counselling. Not something you can get from on here

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.