Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Have I caused internal damage by squeezing pimple?

I have a sore red pimple which I had been squeezing for past 3 days now under the spot in my neck is a pea sized lump when I push in I can feel it and its very sore. Have I caused damage

No. You've been worrying at it and it's become inflamed. Picking at it constantly when it's not ready to pop will get you a scar after all this inflammation has gone down. Also, if your hands aren't really clean you could have introduced bacteria into the wound. Stick a plaster with a tiny bit of sugar over it to keep your fingers off it. Leave it alone for a couple of days to go down and stop hurting. When you take the plaster off the sugar may have 'drawn' it and given it a nice, pickable head which (with VERY clean hands) you can empty. Or it may just go down on it's own. Hands off.

• Alan H

Quite certainly that is a possibility.

If it does not clear up soon, get medical advice 

It wasn't a pimple. Just leave it alone. If it gets larger see a dermatologist. It may be a small cyst. Squeezing it will only make it continue to hurt because it is deeper under the skin that a pimple.

Is this in singles and dating because you were planning to date the pimple if it gets big enough?

This could be an infection from bacteria entering through the wound.  It could also be that by squeezing the pimple you have actually caused the pus contents of the pimple to burst inside your body, rather than out through the surface of the skin. 

I suggest keeping the surface area of your skin very clean, using warm compresses on the area several times a day and not messing with it to allow your body to heal itself.  Self healing is also accelerated by eating healthy, avoiding sweet and salty and processed food and drinking plenty of water.  Getting plenty of sleep and moderate exersize as well.  

If this doesn’t begin to heal in a few days, I’d check in with a doctor.

It sounds as if it is inflamed (swollen). Leave it alone for a day or two and see if it doesn't improve. If you have some antiobiotic ointment, you can give it a light coating or that.