Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Parents who spank would you spank your dog if they misbehave?

Both my mom and dad agree with spanking a dog. It doesn't seem to work. But I really want to know are you willing to hurt an animal like you hurt a child? I killed animals like stray cats before and I was spanked my whole life so I ended up fine. But if your willing to do it to a child would you do it to an animal?

I'm responsible for the Zippo cat pictures that you can find by Googling Zippo cat.

Why would you kill a stray cat? That seems cruel.

I wouldn't spank an animal. I might lightly tap in on

the but or bomp it on the nose, but not enough to

really hurt it, just enough for it to understand that

I don't want it to do something.

yes............

• sarah

My husband and I own two dogs, and they both get spanked when they deserve it. I also have a nine-month-old daughter, and while we haven't started actually spanking her yet, she will be spanked when necessary once she gets older (right now, she gets the occasional little tap on the hand while we say "no-no.").

As far as I'm concerned, a little smack on the butt when they're acting up and nothing else has worked is fine. Now, if you're beating them within an inch of their life, there's an issue, and I don't think spanking should be the first plan of action, but sometimes, there's no other way to go.

Now, a question for YOU. You killed animals. Does that mean you would be willing to kill a child?

So you`ve killed innocent animals before, and been smacked around your whole life. And you "think" you`re fine. RIGHT. SURE you are. LOLOL DON`T think so, numpty! STAY away from me! I`d have to put you down.

A dog will never understand why its being smacked. its a dog. It doesn't really have feelings and can't understand. 

A child DOES understand why they are being smacked and it does all kids good to be smacked. 

• Andrew

It shouldn't be an issue at all. If a person wants a pet they need to buy a puppy so they can train it . Like parents need to discipline there small children if not they become grown-up brats which we have in this country if you haven't already noticed

Spanking a dog won't work. All it will accomplish is to make the dog be afraid of the object it is stuck with. Anyone who does it has no business even owning a dog in my opinion. Diesel, Lacey, and Pearl are in complete agreement with me!

• y

I don't/didn't spank my kids, my vet however told me to give the pup a smack, just as their mother would. Now he did till me where and how to do so, I don't remember it though. I guess I was lucky, like I was told about my kids, they were easy kids, listened well and such, rarely strayed from the path. Dog was the same way.

• Susie

Watch videos on how Animal mothers train and teach their offspring.  

• Satan

I've slapped my dog's nose when she was a pup, which is similar to what dog do to pups anyway to correct them - not a massive slap, more a tap

I had no problem with chastising my kids, but some parents take it too far