No employment contract ?

Ok so have been at job for 6 months but never got an employment contract when i started as admin assistant/driver and my boss said i will only do deliveries every now and then and now i am almost every day on the road and being moved away from admin.

So if I resign do I still need to give 2 weeks notice or can i give 1 day notice seeing as I never signed a contract with them and i already have another job lined up

The two weeks' notice is for EVERYBODY, not just those who signed employment contracts.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

If your job is "at will", there is no contract. I have never had a contract in 40 years of working.

You didn't bother to tell us what country you're in so how would we know which laws apply to you?

In the USA you are not legally required to give two weeks' notice.    If you bail without notice, do not plan on putting this job on your resume because you will likely receive an unfavorable reference in the future. 

The reason for a 2 week notice is it gives your boss time to find your replacement and you don't leave on bad terms.(Burn bridges)

A contract has nothing to do with anything. I have never in my life known anyone with a contract except for executives.

You should talk to your boss and say you are not happy with so many deliveries and see what he says. Then decide if you want to give your notice.