What if Im embarrassed that I was...?

A cleaner once on my CV in the future....right now im a cleaner. Im trying to break into another industry by applying for jobs and seeking voluntary work.

If i get a better job, i could place that on my cv...sop maybe a year or 2 into that better job, is it okay to erase year cleaning job from my CV?

I would hate for new managers and colleagues to find out because I know how society views us in general- they laugh, they don't respect cleaning jobs. If I want respect in the future then I would have to leave out my cleaning job...I don't want to be known as the peasant for the rest of my life....I've literally been called a peasant by a teacher at the school i clean in.

I'm from the UK. Cleaner= janitor. CV= resume

• zipper

If you do any employer will ask what you were doing in that time spand, that you had a job and advanced yourself that would look good to most employers: it says you have drive nd willing to advance yourself.  Leaving it off would be a HUG Mistake!

• Peter

Don't worry about it. I once worked as a road sweeper, but it didn't stop me getting a job as a lawyer (after I qualified of course).

• Eva

Which looks worse? A year's employment gap or a year at a cleaning job?

• Murzy

Change cleaner to maintenance.

why would that be embarrassing, come on.

cleaner?   cv?  

No idea what you are talkig about.

• Iam

You don't need to be embarassed about earning a living. However, your CV should help yuo to achieve your goal. If you remove this work, how would you explain any gaps in your CV? It is best not to lie on your CV because if you later get found out they could fire you.