promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

How much should a film on dvd actually cost?

I've bought some for £4 and some for £18 which seems overpriced.

Update:

I bought a mary Kate and ashley straight to video dvd from the 90s, it cost £18.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Adam
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

In the US, new release Blu-Ray/4K movies tend to cost about $20-$30 (equivalent to around £15.66 - £23.49), while older films that have been out a while can cost as low as $5-$10.  (£3.92 - £7.83.)  DVD's tend to run a few dollars cheaper than Blu-Rays at most stores I go to.

Honestly, that's not unreasonable in my opinion.  Movies are expensive to make, market and release.  I think the cost is very fair.  

Plus, if you want to get technical, prices for movies have actually gone down over time.  Starting in the mid-to-late 80's, a movie on VHS would cost around $25 (the same as you'd pay now)...  except if you account for inflation, that'd be the equivalent of paying $60 in today's money.  And you're generally getting a LOT more value for your $20-$30 new release today, since most Blu-Ray's also come with DVD copies, Digital copies, bonus features, etc.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Supply and demand .. Where you buy them also dictates price, and if new or used etc.

I've bought a LOT of dvd's and blurays over the years at pawn shops where as long as the same genre (single dvd, as opposed to series) they don't differenciate. But if dealing with a private seller it's rarely like that.

• 4 weeks ago

It's a good thing you're under Anonymous 

So No one see's who are Buying a Mary Kate & Ashley Olesn DVD

Wal*Mart an/or The Dollar Store you could find Movies or Videos for $10.00 or less

Source(s): WWE. Sucks
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is no "should".

Things cost whatever the vendor states he will sell them for.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

New releases cost a bit more

• 1 month ago

Depends on how new (high demand) they are.

• 1 month ago

Depends when they were released and who stars in them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.