marinetta asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 months ago

Postmenopausal bleeding?

My mother is 65 years old and she had a single case of postmenopausal bleeding two days ago.

She is in in menopause since many years and she has never received hormone therapy.

We've got a doctor's appointment, but it will be only in 13 days.

I'm worried that waiting for so long could worsen the situation (I'm very scared that she could have cancer).

Is waiting 13 days safe or it'd be better to search a new doctor that can see her faster?

Thank you for your help.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Unless she has more bleeding, or other symptoms 13 days should not impact her; anything that changes that fast, will be apparent and probably involve the ER. Yes, cancer is a concern, but 13 days will not make a difference.

Source(s): ER PA
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

Bleeding isn't generally a sign of cancer.  As long as your mother has a uterus and ovaries, there is always a chance she could have a hormone surge after menopause. You need to relax and allow you mother to decide what she wants to do.  Does she have any other symptoms of any thing?  For example, pain, fever, redness or inflammation?  Did she fall or have some other physical "trauma" to her abdomen or private area?

Generally speaking, it is better to see a doctor that you normally see.  If you mother does not have a primary care physician or gynecologists, then you can try to find a doctor that will see her sooner-- but only if she wants to.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.