Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

My boss is being investigated after a coworker file a complaint against him...for yelling and being mean towards his staff...?

My coworker who was new resigned and wrote a letter to HR and the president of company about the mal treatment she received at work from our boss, there is now an investigation going where a lawyer is interviewing people at work, now I am being asked to interview (since I am beinh named a witness too. I have been subjected tobthevsame treatment and dislike my boss...should I tell the lawyer my experience or try not to say anything? I am afraid of retaliation...what should I do?

• Bort

No matter the result of the investigation things are going to get worse. Period. Decline the interview is probably your best bet. Although they might offer protection nobody has job security and employers (in the US) can fire anyone for any reason. If they don't can everyone that participates in the investigation it's just, all around, going to become a tense and uncomfortable environment. Of course that's not how it's supposed to go on paper. Nothing goes according to corporate nerd predictions they made up on paper. This is the real world. The employer and the person being investigated feel threatened. They are going to try to defend them selves however they can. One of the ways they're likely to try defending them selves is to disarm the threat by getting rid of things (staff, employees, YOU) who might be ammunition against them in the case.

Start looking for and find another job and get one. Stay out of and as clear from this investigation stuff as you can. Decline the interview. Don't get involved. The 'lawyer' or whoever it is is going to offer and say there's things that will protect you and your job. Lawyers are professional liars. They are paid to be dishonest. They're experts at lying and manipulating people.

Get your self out of and as far away from that situation as you can as soon as you can. When you get other interviews and they ask why you left explain honestly that there was a complaint filed and an investigation going on against management that you were asked to participate in and you didn't want to be involved with it.

Tell the lawyer what you've personally seen, don't include heresy.  In other words, tell the truth.

Be honest is what you do.

Tell the truth. It's much easier to remember than lies. Besides, it seems unlikely that they'd retaliate given the current investigation.