promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why does my body hate me?

Changed my eating habits drastically. Was feeling pretty good especially as I stepped on the scale and saw a loss daily. I’ve continued to eat good, smaller portions, less sugar and no processed crap. Today I’m at an almost 4lb gain. Wtf!? Why is this happening? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Your body doesn't hate you. You either weighed yourself at a time when you still had food or water in your system or you're gaining muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat but it takes up less space but muscle will also show up on the scale. Depending on your goals it's not always the number that matters because there are people that are 90 pounds and skinny as a rail but aren't healthy because they're skinny fat. They're naturally tiny but they have a high body fat percentage. It's complicated but only weigh yourself in the morning when you have no food in your system. You're definitely doing great though and it  sounds like you're staying consistent don't give up and don't let the number on the scale bring you down.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your body doesn't hate you, you just don't understand it. Body weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs from day to day, due to water weight gain/loss. Seeing the # on the scales decrease daily means you're either starving yourself or most of the decreases were water weight, and then you gained some of it back. A 1 - 2 lb fat loss per week is a healthy rate of fat loss without it being too extreme, but you don't typically see a downward trend in your weight ever day (usually you'll see no change for a while and then suddenly drop a pound or few). 

Use the Daily Calorie Needs calculator here https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator to see what your intake should be. If you are not consuming enough, you'll put the weight back on very easily and also risk your body using muscle tissue for energy.

• 1 month ago

Water retention? Too much salt yesterday perhaps?

Hormones in the body fluctuate on a 24 hour basis for men, and on a 24 hours basis as part of a 28 day cycle for women (menstrual cycle). Hormones can easily affect weight in either direction. It's just temporary, you'll be fine tomorrow.

• Anon
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You have to burn off more calories than you eat. If you eat 2000 calories a day. You have to burn off 2500 with excercise.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Satan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Weight fluctuates naturally as well as by your design

Some factors include, drinking, water retention, peeing, what you've eaten, and how big a dump you took that morning

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.