Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Non-Christians: What is your impression of Christians?

Please state your religious background as well and what you were prior to that if applicable.

I used to think that Christians were like the centrist Lutherans I grew up around, basically kind and honest. Then I got internet access and encountered fundamentalists, and now I know that a large proportion of Christians are absolutely consumed with hate, lie all the time about everything, and are utterly ignorant about life outside their own little circle.

• Mintee

my family are half christian and half muslim.... I just see them as fellow people of the earth like anyone else... we all want a good home, good family, good schools, food on the table and to live in harmony and peace...

• I am an agnostic and a pluralist. I believe that all religion has something to offer human beings. I think of religion as merely points of view, from which to stand on, like hills and mountains; some higher some lower. Personalty, I was raised Christian, so that is the religion I know most about, and that knowledge doesn't stretch too far, as with most of my religious wisdom/spirituality. Like skies with clouds, watching each take shape, and knowing that they have underlying particle natures as seen from the view of an Atomist.

I've never believed in gods or pixies..

Most of the Christians in my life are good people.

It's these FAUX-christers here I find difficult.

So much doom and gloom and FEAR.

If they didn't have so much FEAR they'd all be atheists.

~