promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Do you find that liberals have ruined hollywood movies with divisive progressive agendas and sub groups?

LGBT cinema, womens cinema, black cinema etc.

Political messeges shoved down your throat. Anti-Trump references, PC narratives, feminism. Woke movies and shows

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

God yes! All those annoying movies at the cinema that i refuse to see because i wont be preached too about what an awful person i am. Just mercy, queen and slim, jojo rabbit. Not to mention the gross lesbian undertones of frozen 2, they're supposed to be sisters, but I felt the  makers were using that fact to make them so touchy feely in an gross way. Whatever happened to just seeing a film to enjoy it and not learn something?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Would a movie glorifying the greatest morons in recent history such as Trump,

Putin, Kim, Hitler, Mussolini, Mao, Pol Pot, Netanyahu & Stalin appeal to you? 

If asking nicely they'll even make it in black and white so you don't see that omg

some people on this Earth aren't White, yet exploited and murdered as a result.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.

They don't shove anything down throats.

Your question IS shoving your ideas down throats.

You're prejudice.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, because it depends on the movie. Also there is nothing wrong with producing a movie that makes you think rather than just entertainment where you stop thinking and become a mindless consumer.

Furthermore, there has been more than enough conservative and nationalist propaganda from Hollywood like murdering Native American Indians, portraying people of minorities as inferior (esp. Mexicans, Native American Indians, Muslims and African-Americans), portraying enemies during wars as cruel and stupid (Japanese, Germans, Soviets/Russians) while especially white Americans are portrayed only as good and intelligent; love for guns, crime and war (very favorable and funded by the arms industry and the US military), women as scared and mindless se.x objects and smoking (e.g. movie "heroes" smoking). That is by far worse.

And why should perspectives of women and minorities not being shown? Is this a dictatorship where only movies are shoved down our throats where only White males are shown as good, intelligent and correct, just because you are not mature and man enough to handle other perspectives ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Overall, yes I find that to be true 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

On the contrary, I prefer movies that are about the real world, not conservative indoctrination.

• 1 month ago

when was the last time it wasnt that way

1939?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

the human race is extremely diverse, deal with it.

• 1 month ago

There have always been political messages in film, both subtle and overt, for the last 100 years (see: 1915's The Birth of a Nation). And Hollywood has been leaning towards liberal for decades.

None of this is new. 

There was that Exploitation film era in the 60 and 70s, when many films have "attempted to succeed financially by exploiting current trends, niche genres, or lurid content".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploitation_film

• Anon
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No. Bad movies have ruined Hollywood. And people like Gerard Butler and Michael Bay.....and lazy CGI garbage.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.