Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 3 months ago

My 7 year old keeps acting out in school.. Need advice?

She keeps getting suspended for telling her teacher and the principal that she's going to kill them. Whenever she doesnt get her way she throws a tantrum and throws things and i try to discipline her by threatening to take away her toys but it doesnt work. She has been to therapy and was put on medication but i feel she may need something else. I want to take her out of the public school and put her into a private school because i do feel that her teacher dislikes me so she encourages my daughter's behavior. I dont know what to do anymore. Im always at the school about something she's done. A few weeks back she was suspended for stabbing her teacher with her pencil. I am a single mom and i am so stressed out. I need advice from parents. Thanks for reading

• cool

Did she have any issues when she was an infant?

Does she have any constipation problems?

You may need to consider putting her in contact with her dad, that might be beneficial.

But other than that the most likely cause would be an imbalance in her diet, too many sugary foods etc. Have you considered doing a chlorella detox?

may she has the wrong food

Making threats to your child, doesn't work, she'll learn that she can do naughty things, you'll shout & threaten, then nothing happens.  All children deserve to be taught how to act, and your not doing this.

Next time she 'throws a tantrum', get her to sit on the 'naughty step', for 8 minutes, then go back to her & ask her, if she's ready to calm down and apologise, if not, she sits for another 8 mins (1 minute for every year of her age + 1 minute).  Keep checking on her every 8 minutes, until she's ready to apologise, have a cuddle and maybe sit with her and read a story together and tell her you love her, when she's being a good & calm girl.

Her behaviour isn't 'normal' for her age, most children may go through a tantrum stage, when they are between 2 & 3, but with guidance, they grow out of it or learn, having one, leads to having toys taken away, till they start behaving.  Is there a possibility that your daughter could be Autistic?

Buy a book like the 'Contented Child', it'll give you tips on how to bring up a happier child.

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

Why are people disliking this comment? I completely agree

Watch how a doctor deals with ADHD on South Park. It works EVERY time.

Being a single parent is a difficult role. Fortunately; there is help to aid you in being successful raising your child. You can find  practical information on discipline, what’s good discipline, and experiences from other single parents that have had success. 

Below are links to two articles with such practical information. The first article is called, “You Can Be a Successful Single Parent” and the second “How Should You Discipline Your Children?” I hope this  information helps you.

• edward

Private schools are no better. Behaviour like that got kids expelled, not simply suspended.

When toddlers this age act out in school it's probably because of something lacking , possibly even in the home ....

• Ashley3 months agoReport

7 is not a toddler

so you have not taken the toys away yet. If I am correct then all toys should have been tossed in the garbage or given away. If she keeps acting out then she does not get what she wants. Plain and simple.

• Tomalochk

Today's TOYS are probably computer related by the time a toddler hits 7 years old nowadays .

• Bill

she simply lacks discipline and a sugar free diet

Take away all the lollies and smack her on her backside

Always Anon asking these.

• Tomalochk

She might be a little embarrassed because of the toddlers behavior (?)