promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should you need a license to buy hand tools?

I've  been debating this for some time. I see people at walmart buying things like hand saws, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. 

I'm kind of against the whole "fix it yourself" type of outlook (Why not just take it to a professional or hire someone who's trained?)

but anyway. I think a reasonable fix to this would be to require just a basic license to buy most hand tools. Let's face it, a lot of people get hurt because they don't know what they're doing. Just a basic license to make sure you're 21 or older and a test to make sure you know how to use them and then a yearly re-certification. This is pretty common sense to me. 

I saw a guy fixing his front door the other day down the street and it made me sick to my stomach. I HATE how modern men push their toxic masculinity on others without even realizing they're doing it. 

Thoughts? Would this better as a federal or state law?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

In my state you don't even need a license to purchase or carry firearms; why would licensing people to buy or use handtools somehow make anyone safer?  Maybe you could regulate certain power tools (some places do).

• That's really dangerous. It honestly gives me anxiety that you can buy a gun anywhere in this fascist country. You don't even need a license? I hate America lol. Common sense says we should ban all guns, really. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Common sense to you is not common sense to everyone else. Just how extensively would you like to control people's lives, if given the opportunity?

• 1 month ago

you are against diy, I am not so I think people should be made to fix it themselves and not bother other people to fix their stuff

• 1 month ago

You'd ban an 18 year old from using a tool, or even a 16 year old? Stupid idea, they aren't little kids and you'd stop them getting any training you idiot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It is apparent your personal level of self efficacy is lacking. Don't project that deficit on others. 

• Yo fam....smoke a blunt and focus on art or something 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

i dont think so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.