Should you need a license to buy hand tools?

I've  been debating this for some time. I see people at walmart buying things like hand saws, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. 

I'm kind of against the whole "fix it yourself" type of outlook (Why not just take it to a professional or hire someone who's trained?)

but anyway. I think a reasonable fix to this would be to require just a basic license to buy most hand tools. Let's face it, a lot of people get hurt because they don't know what they're doing. Just a basic license to make sure you're 21 or older and a test to make sure you know how to use them and then a yearly re-certification. This is pretty common sense to me. 

I saw a guy fixing his front door the other day down the street and it made me sick to my stomach. I HATE how modern men push their toxic masculinity on others without even realizing they're doing it. 

Thoughts? Would this better as a federal or state law?

In my state you don't even need a license to purchase or carry firearms; why would licensing people to buy or use handtools somehow make anyone safer?  Maybe you could regulate certain power tools (some places do).

• That's really dangerous. It honestly gives me anxiety that you can buy a gun anywhere in this fascist country. You don't even need a license? I hate America lol. Common sense says we should ban all guns, really. 

Common sense to you is not common sense to everyone else. Just how extensively would you like to control people's lives, if given the opportunity?

you are against diy, I am not so I think people should be made to fix it themselves and not bother other people to fix their stuff

You'd ban an 18 year old from using a tool, or even a 16 year old? Stupid idea, they aren't little kids and you'd stop them getting any training you idiot.

It is apparent your personal level of self efficacy is lacking. Don't project that deficit on others. 

• Yo fam....smoke a blunt and focus on art or something 

i dont think so