1. Almost all steroid based hormones are? a. Water soluble and bind intracellular receptors b. Lipophilic and use second messengers?
c. Hydrophobic and use second messengers
d. None of the Above
2. How do almost all amino acid based hormones work?
a. enter the cell through the cell membrane
b. binds to DNA and directs protein synthesis
c. Enters the nucleus
d. Use a 2nd messenger like cAMP
3. Which of the following is not a change typically produced by a hormone?
a. Activates or deactivates enzymes
b. Changes plasma membrane permeability
c. Induces secretory activity of target cell
d. Causes contraction of skeletal muscle
4. Which of these combinations is INCORRECT?
a. Zona glomerulosa-mineralocorticoids-aldosterone
b. Zona fasciculata-glucocorticoids-cortisol
c. Zona reticularis-gonadocorticoids-cortisol
d. Adrenal medulla-sympathetic nervous system-epinephrine and norepinephrine
5. Which of these is NOT TRUE of hormones made by the thyroid and parathyroid glands?
a. calcitonin puts calcium into bones and parathyroid hormone stimulates osteoclasts and takes calcium out of bones, and puts it into blood
b. T3 and T4 affect nervous, cardiovascular, digestive, muscular, skeletal & reproductive system
c. T3 AND T4 regulate metabolism in almost every cell of the body
d. Calcitonin is the most important hormone regulating calcium levels in the blood...
My sister took this test and after studying so hard for weeks failed the test, but she is claiming that the professor did not use the material she taught them...Can anyone point out any problems with these questions since it is impossible to find on internet
Be the first to answer this question.