Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 month ago

Do you think that using certain tax software or professionals will have IRS process your refund faster than using TurboTax/HR Blocks?

I always use professionals and my refund had been processed so fast, about 10 days. This year I use the self-prepared software and I haven't received the refund yet. It has been 13 days already from the date they accepted the return.

I KNOW FOR A FACT that how you complete your return has NOTHING to do with how fast the IRS processes the return. Once they receive the return the processing time is EXACTLY the same regardless of how it was completed.

• Shay

I use Turbo Tax every year and usually have my refund in 9 to 14 days.

This year, I had it in 9 days.

It doesn't matter who files it.  What really matters is the accuracy of your return and how many returns the IRS happens to be processing each day.  

I filed my own on TurboTax this year on 2/3/20. Refund hit on 2/11/20. I always file my own & get it quick. The IRS just processes them, they don't care one way or the other if you use a professional or not. It won't speed up their process either way. Why pay someone when you can do it yourself?

Nope.

The IRS (mostly) processes returns first come first serve, and any electronic submission (e-file) is treated with the same priority.Those places promise to have the fastest refunds, but they can only say that because literally every form of e-file is the same, so they are all tied for first place as the fastest option.

No, none of it will make your return process faster.

Not a fair comparison. Because of fraud in prior years, the IRS slowed down this year and no longer just quickly sends out refunds. {Volume also matters.}

• Judy

Makes no difference who files it.

anything is possible, just try it and see and then you'll know