promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 months ago

Are there lots of women who do this?

They have a guy as a close friend because he acts supportive towards her. For example, I kind of feel like the only reason why a girl talks to me is because I act supportive towards her.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

As an empathic who feels everything so deeply, having a friend who is supportive would truly mean the world to me, and I would do anything for that person. Unless he hurts me I would never abandon him.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

Yes. That is a chronic issue in the singles scene. As soon as I began dating my now husband I suddenly stopped seeing all my guy friends. Not because of him—I just didn’t need the platonic male support anymore. It sucks but yeah it’s true.

• Nunya
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

What you are describing is what is known as 'the friend-zone.' She uses you as an emotional tampon. You are probably interested in her, and she knows it. She knows that you aren't going to ask her out, and if you do, she will just view you as friends as her excuse to say no. Women have guy friends to use them for different reasons. Some for food, some for sex, some for advice, some for help, etc. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.