How to explain that I don't have job experience?

I just recently turned 16 and started making a resume for my first job. How would I explain that I don't have any job experience without hurting my chances with getting an interview.

• Scott

I would argue that a 16 year old doesn't need a resume because you have no work experience or career accomplishments. Any job you apply for will be entry-level and it's a given that you won't have any experience.

• Be honest don't lie or over embellish in an interview or on a resume. Tell them that this will be your first job, and you're looking forward to having the chance to work with them. 

If there is an application, some of them have an option to select if this is going to be your first job. 

• Never

You think a 16 year old should have a resume? LOL

Do you have a question?

i would just be honest about it

Tell them you haven't had a job before.  Everyone starts out in the same position.

You're 16, they know you don't have JOB experience, but hopefully you have life experience that you can show your positive traits. If you are in sports, then teamwork. If you work on projects, then you are a self directed learner. Find examples that highlight skills or attributes employers like. For instance, they like dependability/punctuality, team players, willingness to learn new skills, no drama, etc.

You're 16. You are not expected to have experience and they won't bring it up.