Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

How do I tell a nutritionist of 2 years that I don't want to come anymore since I want to save money?

She worked on nutrition and life coping skills. I never like stopping with a doctor but I can't afford it. She will offer lower prices but I would rather just save the money all together. Plus I have a father who already gives me grief that I see a psychologist and this nutritionist is an added expense and I don't find her nearly as mandatory or needed as the psychologist. However, I like the nutritionist and don't want to exist on bad terms. I feel nervous and weird having a "Last Session" so I would rather just walk away with a card.

Favorite Answer

Say, "I appreciate all that you've done for me up to this point, you have really helped me, but I think I would like to go it on my own for a while now, so this will be my last session." You don't need to say why unless they ask. Just be firm, clear, direct, and nice.

I'm positive that she will be fine with you cutting ties. Just explain that you can't afford it any longer but will continue on with the therapist. If she offers a discount, just say, my with my new circumstances. I can't afford it but thank you so much for the offer.

You don't have to have a last session with her, you can do this over the phone or go in and on an unscheduled time and drop off a card or something.

• Jon

There's no reason to worry. Professional counselors understand these things. Just tell her that you won't be able to see to have any more sessions for the present.

just be honest with her