Have to restart HP laptop everytime I want to use it.?

I have a HP laptop, every time i want to use it i have to restart it. It takes me to the log in screen, when I click to get the password box to appear it never does, eventually it goes back to the previous screen (just the log screen wallpaper with power/wifi icons in bottom corner). I have to restart it and then it all works fine like it should, pretty annoying if I just want to check something quickly. Thanks 

this needs either advice from HP support or the services of a competent technician

Fire up the command prompt in admin mode. Type in SFC /SCANNOW There is a gap before the forward slash. It's Windows built in corruption finder and it only hunts out Windows corruption to repair. Once that has done its thing, type CHKDSK /R There is a gap before the forward slash again. This one checks your HD for scratches and marks them so that the computer ignores them in the future. The second one can take hours to run. These two rules out Windows and your hard drive as the culprit. If both of these don't work then you have a program that does not like coming out of sleep mode and you have no option but to uninstall them one at a time, checking whether the problem is still there.

Adjust the power settings so it doesn't sleep, or waits longer periods of inactivity before sleeping.

So factory reset the darn thing get the thing started and then when it loads up hold down the shift key keeping it held down and restart your computer from the start menu keep the shift key held down it will take you to the recovery console you're going to choose the word troubleshooting then you're going to choose reset this PC do not save files. after you do this operation your computer will be like a new computer that you bought in the store if you need to save pictures and documents you better do it before you do the operation I have just described.

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to reboot automatically. The problem could be the RAM, Hard Drive, Power Supply, Graphic Card or External devices: – or it could be an overheating or BIOS issue.

To identify which hardware of PC is failing go to link

• Goerge

The easiest fix is to not use a password. Remove it when you enter Windows.

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-missing-user-an... is more involved. DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OF THE GREEN Fix-It BUTTONS!!!!! Only follow the directions. There are multiple troubleshooting steps. P

Make sure you CREATE A RESTORE POINT prior to making any changes.

Making changes to your registry that you aren't supposed to can break your OS. If you try a Registry fix please make sure you follow the directions exactly. TO be clear there are multiple fixes on that page and you don't have to choose the registry fix.

Once you have this fix I would also trim down my Start-up list. Right click on Taskbar, click task-manager, Click on Start-up.

Let's assume this person has 15 programs that need to be ready when you log in. That means starting all those programs BEFORE you enter Windows. Unless you absolutely need a program in your start-up list I would remove. it. To put it simply it's the difference between opening a Country fair with a few rides(prgrams/apps) or open Disney world with a dozen or more "rides". The county fair opens quicker.