I got a large thigh tattoo 4 days ago and I am not sure about how it is healing?

The piece takes up most of my thigh and when I sit the very top rubs on the edge of my underwear. I noticed yesterday that the upper part of my tattoo was healing normally and was starting to peel a little, but the bottom half was a bit water logged. I stopped putting on ointment and let it all dry. However, now the bottom half looks normal, but when I woke up this morning a small gooey chunk fell off when I was getting dressed a it took a section of ink with it (maybe a centimeter or 2). How can I combat this to make sure I don t loose any more ink? How do I handle it if it is an infection causing the moisture?

Doesn’t look infected but it cold be an allergy to one color of ink, would really have to be seen in person.

Personally id say give it time, tattoos tend to do a lot of weird things which varies by person the first few days to a week. From the picture it seems like its just scabbing normally. It doesn't look like a infection. Personally id say take care of it normally how you would any tattoo and check daily for differences and see if there is any improvement after a 2-3 more days.

You can always go back to the shop to let them look at it but chances are theyd tell you the same thing since it hasnet even been a week yet

Just for reference here is a picture of the upper portion of the tattoo. I am used to the heavy scabbing and peeling, but I've never had this moisture issue.