promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I got a large thigh tattoo 4 days ago and I am not sure about how it is healing?

The piece takes up most of my thigh and when I sit the very top rubs on the edge of my underwear. I noticed yesterday that the upper part of my tattoo was healing normally and was starting to peel a little, but the bottom half was a bit water logged. I stopped putting on ointment and let it all dry. However, now the bottom half looks normal, but when I woke up this morning a small gooey chunk fell off when I was getting dressed a it took a section of ink with it (maybe a centimeter or 2). How can I combat this to make sure I don t loose any more ink? How do I handle it if it is an infection causing the moisture?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Doesn’t look infected but it cold be an allergy to one color of ink, would really have to be seen in person.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Personally id say give it time, tattoos tend to do a lot of weird things which varies by person the first few days to a week. From the picture it seems like its just scabbing normally. It doesn't look like a infection. Personally id say take care of it normally how you would any tattoo and check daily for differences and see if there is any improvement after a 2-3 more days.

You can always go back to the shop to let them look at it but chances are theyd tell you the same thing since it hasnet even been a week yet

• 1 month ago

Just for reference here is a picture of the upper portion of the tattoo. I am used to the heavy scabbing and peeling, but I've never had this moisture issue.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.