promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
bob asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Do people still discuss their problems?

It seems like this is the "cut people off" generation. Ghosting, flaking, blocking, ignoring. It doesn't seem like anyone is really willing to solve issues. If you mess up once or disagree with someone they immediately get offended and stop talking to you. What's going on?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never had anyone stop talking to me because I disagreed with him/her. My friends are always willing to discuss problems and solve issues/

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The short and simple answer is:

ELECTRONICS

You see, in the past 20 years, since computers and cell phones have become the norm and people entertain themselves through video games, people have lost their communication skills.  They have.

Part of which is that many people's lives are conducted through electronics used for text messaging, instant messages, abbreviated text messaging and social media.  All pretty much without face to face communication. 

Therefore, as I have witnessed it, people are losing their communication skills and have become, I am sorry to say, very selfish and uncaring.  ESPECIALLY as they hide behind a keyboard as their go-to way of communicating.

Okay, I am 60 years old.  I came from a time when my siblings and I played in the woods and occupied our time exploring the outdoors and playing board games. The electronics we had went as far as the game "Operation". LOL.  We were pretty much the last generation who have communication skills because we HAD to.

In today's day and age, all you need is a keyboard.  Not much emotion there.  I think it spills over, causing impatience, lack of caring and emotion. 

• Sammy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If you meant anything to a person, that would not happen.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In their real lives people do. But when you're dealing with strangers online you never really know them and so this kind of behavior is all too common.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Lately it seems like people would rather ghost on someone important to them rather than work out a problem. It's so childish and frustrating, especially in the dating scene when people won't communicate what they feel, they would rather ghost the other. Leaving them confused on whether they were the problem or if they just didn't connect. This seems to be the downfall of society. I am no longer in contact with most of my friends because of this ghosting nonsense. they ignore my messages, calls etc, but they make sure you know they're ignoring you by posting on social media soon after.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

some people do discuss them

• 1 month ago

Technology is to blame.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Indeed.  Obviously, social media and texting has practically destroyed communication among younger people.  The more they dread a convo, the more likely they are to use their thumbs to have that convo.  So it's a vicious cycle.  It's easier to ghost someone than to problem solve or work through conflict (simply because they don't know how).  That said, I think there have always been immature people who can't handle disagreements.  It's just that, until recently, they couldn't just ghost someone if it meant that person kept showing up at their door or ringing their landline nonstop.  They had to find a way to verbalize it somehow.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Tensions between people get worse and worse, fostered by government representatives.  It has been progressing for a long time and there can be many reasons.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.