Why is Chinese food so popular? I do not see why so many prefer this cuisine to other cuisines.?

I love a good wholesome sweet/sour takeaway darlin.:-)

It's healthy and it's so different.

• It doesn't contain a ton of dairy like you women love it. It's a cuisine that caters to male tastes. Lots of meat, noodles, spice and oil. 

• Todd

It's not everywhere. Where I live, there are only about 10 Chinese restaurants for a regional population of about 110,000, and only 3 fast food Chinese themed chain places. We have 2 Indian, 2 Thai, 3 Japanese places, and 1 Mongolian place. This is not really a surprise, because we only have 3 Mexican (again, not chain) places. There are about 10 Italian places. In contrast, we have more than 30 of what I like to call "special" restaurants, that are locally owned and have diverse menus serving all kinds of ethnic and fusion type foods. The rest are typical cafes and American food (burgers, steak, seafood, sandwiches, buffets, etc.) places.The restaurants don't reflect the ethnicity of the population very much, but more like the type of town it is.

Answer to why Chinese in general across the nation? I suspects it's just easy and packs flavor. I think it's really that simple; flavor in a container. Simple, compact, filling, easy to pack, open, and eat. You can't, after all get a burger and fries in a nice little squarish container with a cute little paper-clip wire handle :)

I actually don’t like Chinese. Indian is much better. And I’m not sure why most in the West love Chinese. Maybe it’s because it’s very different.

• al

I like Chinese food, but TACO's are way better!!!!!

Who doesn't like a cat when it is prepared properly.

To each his own!

• CB

Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one and everyone else's stink.

It is difficult to recreate at home as successfully as they do in restaurants, cheap, and basically comfort food.  

• patty

when I was young we had a Chinese restaurant close by and every so often mum or dad would buy us some for dinner