promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

i have 1967 camaro i put p215 65 r15 tires on it all around on 15x7 wheels i am getting a tire rub in the front any ideas.?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The front wheel wells have extra space so steering wheels can swivel. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Dan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

They should work, you probably have them mounted on the wrong offset wheels.

• 1 month ago

I own a 67 Camaro and can tell you that 15x7 rims are too big for the front,especially with 65 series tires.They hit the fender liner when turned..14x6 rims with 215 /60r14 will work.The existing rears will probably clear if the ride height is tall enough

• 1 month ago

Wrong offset wheels?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Stretch out the fenders with a scissor jack a little. I did that on a Pontiac successfully once. Be careful. If no joy, replace the wheels. You know what your mistake was though. I don't need to spell it out.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, I have several ideas. Did you want to ask a question? 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The largest stock wheel in '67 used on the Z28-SS was a 15x6 with E70-15 tires, which is equivalent to 215/60R15. You didn't say where it is rubbing and under what circumstances but you shouldn't have trouble with the /65's unless the wheel you are using has the wrong offset. That's a common problem and many a dumbass has been stung by failing to consider offset when buying wheels. 

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Narrower tires?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

205 75 15s  up front have almost the same diameter of the 215 65 15s on the back and won't rub.

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

put on smaller tires.

• Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

good answer; the original wheels were 14x5s or 14x6s, except for Z28s which had 15s, so any wheel&tire combination with larger overall size than the original wheels & tires will be too big, and can cause handling difficulties, unless the rubbing is only very slight & when certain odd situations 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.