cora
cora asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

How do we get restaurants to stop shoving alcohol on people?

In every restaurant I go to, the alcohol menu is bigger and bolder than the food menu. Alcohol ads are everywhere. it's really concerning and scary. I've seen so many times where there are only two people at a table and they both order drinks. Who is driving home? It's unlikely all these people got a ride and none of them drove there or back. Alcohol on the menus of otherwise normal restaurants also normalizes drinking for children. They of course are not legally allowed to drink, but being surrounded by alcohol when going to get macaroni and cheese is pushing them into drinking, whether illegally or when they're older.

How do we stop this?

• Maylee
    Favorite Answer

We should have some regulations for this. I agree restaurants who care about profit more than the quality of people's lives are so disgusting. We desperately need to get rid of alcohol in restaurants. 

• Diana
      1 month agoReport

Integration:  Its everyone's business if you drink and drive, because its our lives that you're risking.  So, its absolutely mandatory that you pick a designated driver who's had no liquor.  

Not all restaurants serve alchohol. Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel, for example, do not serve it.

Truck stops do not typically serve alchohol. The Iron Skillet at Flying J stops is ussually pretty good food

• odette1 month agoReport

That's great!

"How do we stop this?"   We don't.  It's up to the customer to realize what his or her limitations are.

• Clive

The alcohol list is bigger because there are so many choices, especially of wine,   The menu is smaller because the kitchen can only prepare so many dishes.  And it's a separate list so nobody is shoving anything at home.  You could also stay home and do your own cooking.  It'll be cheaper.

Clearly you don't believe in having a free country.  Alcohol has been around for thousands of years and most people are perfectly capable of drinking responsibly.  Children seeing it around them helps them learn about it.  I really do get fed up with communists like you who want to control everything everybody does.

As for getting home, have you ever heard of taxis?

• cora
      1 month agoReport

People have been smoking for thousands of years. That doesn't make it ok. Clearly you don't believe in living in a safe, healthy, happy, society. 

• y

the alcohol menu is bigger and bolder than the food menu

Never noticed, then again I don't drink so I skip the drink menu and or, the drink section of the menu.  I am sorry for those who can't help but be attracted to and then are compelled to order, something they do not want.Much like I feel sorry for those parents who drive by a McDonald's and pull in, becouse the kids start screaming for it. Learn how to say no.

You don't have to buy one.

This is a really tough problem. Maybe we can open restaurants that don't have alcohol? We must warn more people about the dangers of alcohol. We need to change the minds of restaurants who only care about profit and couldn't give a crap about the people they sell alcohol to. 

• Lili

No one's forcing anyone to order alcohol. Nothing you've described represents "shoving".

Alcohol IS normal. It has been for thousands of years.  Do you know how long beer and wine have been made and offered in inns and taverns? Thousands of years, dear.  As a historian, I can assure you of that. And there is nothing wrong with letting children see that adults can drink responsibly in restaurant.  My parents certainly did that for me, and I did not turn into an alcoholic. Most people don't.

And guess what?  My husband I always order wine when we are out together. How do we get home?  

WE TAKE A TAXI. Ever heard of them?

Either you're a very untalented troll or an idiot.  Or both. I vote for both.

I'll drink to that!  Lolz

One drink doesn't make you drunk.

I bet you're the SAME person watching what folks on welfare are buying at the grocery store, huh??

• Thomas CNSRV
      1 month agoReport

SNAP card.
      What if I smoke  a joint after dinner at a restaurant in my car?
      This buzz is still driving buzzed.
      For you, sister~!
      Source:

The Toyes - Smoke Two Joints - YouTube 
      www.youtube.com › watch